This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for
CALLISHAM FARM, MEAVY, YELVERTON, DEVON
Callisham Farm is located in Devon in the small village of Meavy in Dartmoor National Park, 10 miles from Plymouth. The guest house offers 3 guest rooms; one family room en-suite shower room and two other further double bedrooms with en-suite.
The Farmhouse is over three hundred years old with Modern facilities. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features of the house which will make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
We are located with a minute walk to Meavy Village. The village has a Church, Church of England School and Pub called the Royal Oak Inn and a Village Green.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01822 853901 or send an email to .
- We are located outside the Village of Meavy, just off the main route from Yelverton to Ivybridge.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the location and contact section of our website. Alternatively you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info. Simply enter your postcode and ours which is PL20 6PS.
- The nearest shops are approximately 1 mile away at Yelverton.
- The nearest bus stop is is in Meavy Village outside the Village hall. This stop is an 8 minute walk from the Bed and Breakfast. The next nearest stop is Meavy primary School, this stop has a small bus shelter. This bus will take you to Yelverton where you can connect to buses to Plymouth, Tavistock and Exeter.
- Plymouth Railway Station is 12 miles from Yelverton.
- Taxis are usually available from Yelverton but is advisable to book in advance. We can do this for you on request.
- We are able to accommodate Pets for a small charge subject to prior agreement.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Ample Car parking is available at the Bed and Breakfast. the car park is Tarmac with a slight incline down to the entrance.
- access to our property is gained through a small garden gate.
- This is well lit at night.
- Entry step of 36 inches deep and 5 inch depth. This gives access to the Porch area leading through a wide door 34 inches in to the Hallway.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Our guest rooms are accessed by means of stairs with 12 steps. There is a handrail on one side.
- Bedroom 1 has 1 step 8 inches high. The 2 other rooms are all on the level access.
- Our beds are normally made up with duvets. Our standard pillows are feather and hollow fibre.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe plus a chest of drawers/dressing table provided in each room.
- Flat screen Free view digital TV is available in all rooms.
- Bedroom 1 has 1 double bed, 30 inches high with access from both sides and is adjacent to the en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 2 has a standard double bed 26 inches high and a single bed 24 inches high. The double has access from both sides but the single has access from one side only.
- Bedroom 3 has a standard double bed 26 inches high with access from both sides.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (En-suite or Shared)
- The en-suite in bedroom 1 is accessed via 29 inch wide step free level entry doorway from the bedroom.
- The toilet is 15 inches high. The shower cubicle is accessed via 25 inch doorway and has a 10 inch step with removable shower head.
- The bathroom in Bedroom 3 is accessed via a step free level entry doorway from the bedroom. The toilet is 15 inches high. The shower cubicle is accessed via 29 inch doorway with a 11 inch step. This also has a removable shower head.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling ands table lamps.
- The hallway is slate flooring with 1 runner type carpet with non slip backing.
- There are no steps to the guest breakfast room. This is on the group floor along a corridor from the main entrance.
- There is a continuing flight of 12, 8 inch steps to the guests bedrooms. The stairs are carpeted.
- The house is fully centrally heated throughout.
- There are automatic audible smoke areas all the bedrooms and public areas.
- The landing off the stairway on the first floor is carpeted throughout and has a low Entrance doorway bedrooms 1 and 3. This doorway is 26 inches wide and 63 inches high with a 2 inch step down.
- The breakfast/dining room is situated off the hallway in the ground floor and the entrance is 700mm 30 inches wide and step free/level entry.
- The flooring is traditional slate with a rug with non slip backing.
- Large windows allowing plenty of natural light supplemented by adjustable overhead lights.
- There is a woodburner to supplement the central heating if required.
- There is seating for 6 people at a solid table with co-cordinating chairs.
- There is additional armchair/settee seating for 4 people.
- Being a farm there is plenty outdoor space including a garden with uneven / stepped access.
- Guests may use the outside garden and there is a designated smoking area as smoking is not permitted in the property.
- There are ‘in case of fire’ instructions posted on the back of the guest room doors.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps giving local information.
- We also have a selection on menus from local restaurants and pubs for guests perusal.
- We have storage/drying facilities for golfers, cyclists and walkers.
- Free wifi facilities are also available on request.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular like or dislikes on request. Please advise prior to or on arrival.
- We can refrigerate prescription medicine and store perishable foods in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception is limited and can be weak. This is dependent on your service provider. However Vodafone is good.
|Callisham Farm, Meavy, Yelverton, Devon PL20 6PS
|Hours Of Operation:
|All year round subject to availability